Friday, May 29, 2009

Toy Story 3 teaser


Had I known this was going to be attached to Up, I would have left in time to catch the previews. I'm not sure the world needs a third Toy Story, but I'm guessing that the Pixar gang won't risk tarnishing the brand. Ironically, the plot of this installment, Andy going to college, was more or less the symbolic subtext of the second film (IE - a parent having to deal with their offspring heading off to secondary education and/or moving away). From what I've seen of the 2010 summer slate, this will likely battle it out with Iron Man 2 for the box office crown. Both films also are now the top contenders to threaten The Dark Knight's opening weekend record since the two titans of this summer, Transformers 2 and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, are opening on Wendesdays.

Scott Mendelson

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels