Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"Optimus... be my victim." Tony Todd to voice 'The Fallen' in Transformers 2.

Apparently this was a big secret on the fan sites, but Variety's review just let it out of the bag. Tony Todd, long ago cast as 'the voice of a robot' in Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen, will actually be voicing the title villain of the piece. Not a major deal, but I've always been a fan of his and am always happy when he's able to snag mainstream work (I actually started watching Chuck because I saw him in commercials for the pilot). Anyway, I suppose it was either going to be him or Keith David. Gosh how I'd love to see the two of them in some kind of dueling-banjos-type Dr. Seuss reading contest. And, on that note, I'd love to see some kind of (possibly horror-centric) variation on Grumpy Old Men, with Tony Todd costarring with Robert Englund. Both are better actors than their filmography suggests and both are almost old enough to try such an offbeat concept (Englund just turned 62 and Todd is 54).

Scott Mendelson

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels