Thursday, March 11, 2010

Twilight Saga: Eclipse gets a trailer.


Here's a brilliant idea, Summit. Next time you try to build hype for a new release by attaching a trailer for your biggest franchise to the prints, how about you try to keep the trailer off the Internet until after opening weekend? Yeesh...

This is very much a teaser, with only the core plot element tossed out. There is no reference to whatever else might be going on in the world of vampires, only the idea that Bella must choose between the lover who's customs demand she leave all she knows behind and the platonic best buddy who loves her just the way she is. I haven't seen the second film yet (my wife was curious, so we're waiting for the Blu Ray), so I can't comment on why the return of Victoria (now played by Bryce Dallas Howard) is bad news beyond the climactic events of the first film. As the law demands, there is at least one shot of a shirtless Taylor Lautner. As I've said before, arguably the most refreshing thing about this series is that it objectifies the boys rather than the girls. I've been told that the third book is pretty action-packed, and I imagine that Summit wouldn't have sprung for IMAX screens if it was just three young heartthrobs brooding in a dark forest. So I expect we'll see a second trailer around May that shows off whatever spectacle that David Slade (30 Days of Night) has in store this time around. As always, we'll see...

Scott Mendelson

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you usually post good information. it's too bad your profile picture makes you look like such a doucher.

Scott Mendelson said...

Is my daughter posting comments on my blog again?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels