Thursday, April 1, 2010

The A-Team gets a second trailer. Henry Czerny returns!


Take away the iconic music, and this movie actually looks like a pretty stale, run-of-the-mill action picture. The film looks to be completely about the team's attempt to prove their innocence, so we likely won't have any scenes where they are 'hired' to help out random people in peril. My wife is a big fan of the show, and this is arguably the film she's most excited about seeing this summer (I'll let that go without comment, but feel free to add your own below). Me? The most exciting part of the trailer was the one-line cameo at 0:34 by the wonderfully icy Henry Czerny. It's been around 15 years, but he had two terrific supporting turns in Clear and Present Danger in 1994 (as a villainous CIA deputy director) and Mission: Impossible in 1996 (amusingly set-up as the villain in the film's trailer) and then pretty much disappeared from big-budget Hollywood. Oh, he's been super busy (The Pink Panther, The Tudors, etc), but he never really capitalized on his one-two punch in two very big summer blockbusters. I can only presume from the trailer that Czerny is a villain who orders Patrick Wilson to eliminate our heroes to prevent the exposure of whatever conspiracy landed them in jail in the first place. Pardon me if I root for the bad guy.

Scott Mendelson

2 comments:

Peter said...

If I ever see this movie, I will be seeing it only for Henry Czerny.

Peter said...

If I ever see this movie, I will be seeing it only for Henry Czerny.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels