Monday, August 29, 2011

All praise technology! I can now watch Die Hard 2: Die Harder on an airplane!

In the 'never thought I'd see the day...' category, I was on an airplane just a few days ago, flying back from Ohio after a week with the family.  Anyway, I have not been on an airplane since the last time I visited, which was about 2.5 years ago.  Continental (which judged merged with United) has an in-flight entertainment service that allows you to basically watch DirectTV on your individual viewing screen for $7.99 per flight.  There are a few specialized channels with specific film choices (nothing that isn't already on DVD) and TV shows, but the majority of the content is whatever happens to be playing on regular television at that moment.  Anyway, long story short, about halfway through my flight, my wife finished watching the Spike TV presentation of Die Hard.  And guess what started right afterwards?  Yup, you guessed it.  So, had I so chosen, I could have indeed watched the above clip in-flight, right before I landed at LAX.  No profound sentiments here, I just thought I'd share the weird side-effects of technology, which allows flyers everywhere to watch arguably the least appropriate in-flight movie ever made during any flight where said film happens to be on the TV schedule.  Yippee-Ki-Ya, Mr. Falcon, indeed...

Scott Mendelson

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels